Thursday, May 7, 2009

I'm feeling creative today. How about you?

Well, I have to admit I am a bit obsessed with BoBunny's Edgy Album from the moment I saw it I said Oooooohhhhh! I have to have it.

Unfortunately, I put myself on a no scrappy-spend diet. So I thought to myself ..."I think I can make that". So, I took some time this morning to try it out. I gathered some supplies, medium thickness chipboard, recycled medium thickness clear plastic (from my new Fiskars trimmer), ruler, craft mat, blue photo pencil, deco edge scissors, my Ultra Shape Express cutter and templates, Big Bite crop-a-dile(not shown), and my Fiskars Bypass Trimmer.



I cut my chipboard and plastic to the sizes I felt were good. I used the blue photo pencil, ruler & craft mat to measure the plastic. The blue pencil shows up on the plastic so it easy to see for cutting.
Then I used my deco edge scissors and my USX plus template to create the edges I like. Then I punched my holes for binding with my Big Bite Cropadile. highlighted the edges here so yu can see then.

Now, All I have to do is decorate and add pictures. I'll be working on this over the next few days.
First, I have finish this mini album for my friend/neighbor. I trying to get her into scrapbooking. She is very interested but is so scared of ruining the pictures, and not being creative enough. I decided to make her is little album as a jump start. I did a few pages and left the rest for her to do. I'm giving her some embellishments and a journaling pen. I kept things very simple so not to intimated her.

I love making this mini album because it's made from 1 sheet of 12x12 cardstock & pattern paper, small pieces of chipboard, some ribbon, embellishments and scraps of paper.
I hope you feel creative today too. Let me know what you think.
I wanted to tell you about an upcoming event. Pamela and the Scrapbook Challenges DT are doing a blog hop soon. So, be sure to chack back here often for that. Have a great day!

5 comments:

Rissa said...

its gonna be awesome!! I don't have the patience or all the supplies to make something like that on my own but i would sure love to try.!

salme said...

Annie, this is awesome! You are so creative! Love, love it!

liliput said...

Wow Annie i agree with Salme, the mini album is awesome! Thank you for sharing :)

And thank you for visiting my blog also :)

Pamela said...

So Awesome!!!! And very creative!

Unknown said...

oh wow how creative, i love it. I so need to just break down and buy the big bite already. I always consider it, but put it off bc of the price.