Friday, July 21, 2017

Today, I am bringing you 2 fun cards using a Donut stamp from Simply Stamps. One is a simple card and the other is a shaker.


The Simple Donut Card:




Supply list for this card are:

1 - 4" X 5"Piece of Cream colored card stock
1 - 4-1/4" X 5-1/2" Piece of Kraft colored card stock
1 -  8-1/2" X 11" Piece of  Heavy weight (110 lb) White colored card stock for card base.
1 - 4-1/2" X 4-1/2" Piece of cream colored card stock - For your extra donut & banners
Ink - I used Colorbox Pigment ink in Brown - Which can be purchased at Simply Stamps
coloring materials - watercolors, Copic Markers, color pencils, Distress Markers Etc.
Adhesive - tape runner & dimensional foam tape
Trimmer
Scissors
Bone Folder
Cleaning Pad
Sentiment stamp or Letter stickers.

Optional Supplies:
White Gel Pen
Colored Fine Tip Markers - I used Sharpie
Zig Wink of Stella Glitter Pen

Instructions:

1.  On the 4" X 5" & 4-1/2" X 4-1/2" - Cream card stock - stamp the donut using the brown ink. Making sure to cover the entire paper. Stamping some of the donut just off the paper so that you have a continuous pattern. Then using your coloring materials color in all the donuts. I enjoy coloring the glaze and sprinkles area in different colors. Optional - I also colored over some of the sprinkles with different colored markers and a white gel pen.  

2. The donut of the 4-1/2 X 4-1/2 card stock cut it out after you colored it. Optional - I used Zig Wink of Stella Glitter pen to give it a sugar sparkle. Reserve the rest of the card stock for the banners.

3. Now, create your card base by cutting your 8-1/2" X 11" Piece of  Heavy weight (110 lb) White colored card stock in half - I cut mine long way so I have a top folding card measuring 4-1/4" X 11"
Fold in half, using the bone folder to get a crisp crease. Then, adhere the 4-1/4" X 5-1/2" Piece of Kraft colored card stock to the base. Next, adhere your 4" X 5"Piece of Cream colored card stock with colored donut images centered on top of the Kraft card stock.

4. On the back of the small donut - put foam adhesive and place on top of one of the donuts. I chose the top left.  Next, I stamped my sentiment on the remaining cream card stock and cut it into 2 banners which I fishtailed the ends. I adhere the banners underneath the popped up donut.





Now for the Shaker Donut Card:


Supply list for this card are:


1 - 4" X 5" Piece of Kraft colored card stock
1 - 2-1/4" X 2-1/4" Piece of Kraft colored card stock- for your extra donut.
1 - 5" X 5" Piece of  White color card stock
1 -  8-1/2" X 11" Piece of  Heavy weight (110 lb) White colored card stock for card base.
1 - 1" X 6" Piece of cream colored card stock - For your banner
Ink-I used Colorbox Pigment ink in Brown & Various color ink Which can be purchased at Simply Stamps
Coloring materials - watercolors, Copic Markers, color pencils, Distress Markers Etc.
Sequins - Various colors & sizes
Acetate Plastic for shaker front. I used a recycled adhesive packaging,  
Adhesive - tape runner, liquid & dimensional foam tape
Trimmer
Scissors
Bone Folder
Craft knife
Sentiment stamp or Letter stickers.
Cleaning pad 

Optional Supplies:
White Gel Pen
Colored Fine Tip Markers - I used Sharpie
Zig Wink of Stella Glitter Pen
Donut stickers





Instructions:
1. On the 4" X 5" Kraft card stock - stamp the donut using the brown ink. Making sure to cover the entire paper. Stamping some of the donut just off the paper so that you have a continuous pattern. Then, Using your various color ink repeat the steps above.


Note: I stamped more than I needed. I was making more card.

Then using your coloring materials color in all the donuts. I enjoy coloring the glaze and sprinkles area in different colors. Optional - I also colored over some of the sprinkles with different colored markers and a white gel pen.  Then cut out only the glaze part of the donuts set aside.



2. The stamp donut on the 2-1/4" X 2-1/4"  Kraft card stock cut it out after you colored it. Optional - I used Zig Wink of Stella Glitter pen to give it a sugar sparkle.




3. Now, create your card base by cutting your 8-1/2" X 11" Piece of  Heavy weight (110 lb) White colored card stock in half - i cut mine so it measures  5-1/2" X 8-1/2" Fold in half, using the bone folder to get a crisp crease. Set a side.

4. On the now donut covered and colored Kraft card stock I traced the plastic adhesive packaging. Note: if you are creating this with acetate - then you would cut the shape you desire and then follow the next step.  I then use my craft knife to cut out the circle.


Then, I turned over my Kraft card stock with the circle cut out and put adhesive on the back all along the edge of the opening. I then put the plastic into the opening from the back. This way I have a nice clean look. Keep the center that you just cut out. You will be using it.



Next, I adhere the colored glaze piece to the donut bases. Note: I should have adhered them first and then cut my circle but, I didn't. Would have been much easier.  



 5. Now,  on the card base center the cut it piece (from before) adhere one of the glaze to the donut and then adhere to base.  Then, place the sequins on top of it.




Optional: I used some cute donut stickers for the shaker inside. I place the stickers on a piece of white card stock the cut them out. You don't have to do this part. I just wanted to show you where the little donuts came from.



Next, adhere the card front to the base - making sure that you have plenty of adhesive foam around the back of the plastic piece so that the sequins do not fall out.  On the back of the small donut - put foam adhesive and place on top of one of the donuts. I chose the bottom right.  Next, I stamped my sentiment on the 1" X 6" Piece of cream colored card stock  and cut it into a banner which I fishtailed the ends. I adhere the banner underneath the shaker donut. 


Now your cards are complete! Give them to someone special.

Be sure to visit Simply Stamp for more stamps and supplies.






No comments: