I was asked to create a project using the Rinea Magical Variety Packs - they are available in Crafter's Pack 6" x 12" and the Artist Pack 4" x 6" These beautiful Foil papers are fabulous to work with; they hold their shape, they are super easy to punch or die cut. They can be cut to any size easily with any trimmer.
This mini album can be done a few hours. You can make it ahead and just fill it with your photos when you get home. Or you can send it off to the grandparents.
So, Let's get started.
Rinea Magical Variety Pack in 6" x 12"
Rinea Magical Variety Pack in 4" x 6"
3 pieces of Black Heavy weight Cardstock
Coordinating Pattern Paper (I used the Say Cheese Snap Pack by Simply Stories)
Chipboard - 2 pieces squares and 3 pieces circles(2 pcs at 1" and 1 pc at 1-3/4)
Ribbon for closing album & decorating
Various Pinches/ Dies
Paint or Ink (optional)
Instructions: I used a Yellow piece of cardstock for this tutorial because it's easier to see.
Making the inside of the Album:
1. Cut all 3 pieces of the Black card stock 81/2" x 81/2". Next, fold the card stock in half as shown in the pictures below. Then, open it and fold in half again the other way. Making sure to cease with the bone folder. You should now have 4 equal squares. Repeat these on all of the pieces of card stock. I have included the measurement if you would like to to this on your scoreboard. (score it in half on both sides (4-1/4″). This will then create 4 equal squares) See pic
2. Next, you will only create a diagonal in one of the 4 parts of your large square. You can use your trimmer, scoreboard or I just meet up the ends like I am going to fold up an airplane. (see pictures below). Crease with the bone folder. Repeat on the rest of the black pieces. - if you would like to to this on your scoreboard - (Then turn your square diagonal in your scoreboard or trimmer and score one of the squares from the outside corner to the center corner.) See pictures below.
4. Then, you will start the folding "magic". Here, we go fold the diagonal line in half making a triangle in that square, then fold it on to the bottom square. It should look like an a capital L.
Next, bring the right square over onto the triangle. Place some adhesive on this square and then bring the top square down and place over the adhesive. Repeat this on all the black card stock. See pictures below.
5. Now, we are ready to stack and adhere all the pop up corners together. Place some adhesive one on of the closed pop up sections, then stack the next on top.Now,If you would like to create some pockets for additional journaling or pictures ONLY adhere 3 sides of the stack leaving the top or side open. Set aside. (I used the 3 x 4 cards from the Say Cheese Snap Pack by Simple Stories as my extra Journaling/picture cards. To make it easy to pull the them out of the pockets I punched a tab from the Ebony/Gold Foil paper from the Magical Variety Pack 4 x 6. and adhered it to the top of the card. See pictures below.
Making the covers:
1. Cut 2 pieces chipboard down to 4-1/8" square. Next, from 6" x 12" Red Starstruck Foil Paper cut 2 pieces into 4 1/2". Now, adhere the chipboard squares to the Red Starstruck Foil paper making sure it's centered. Now, fold up the edge of the Red Starstruck paper (I like to rub my bone folder along the edge to get a nice crease) around the chipboard. Next, trim the corner the corner so that there isn't to much bulk. Now, put some adhesive on the chipboard and press the Red Starstruck paper down. Repeat - See pictures below.
2. Now, adhere the covers to the inside album stack you created earlier. (I like to use wet adhesive for this because it gives me a bit of wiggle room). Repeat on other side.
3. Next, cut a length of ribbon about 18" - 20" Adhere it to the front cover, wrapping it around to the back cover (I like to leave a bit of space about 1/4" on the spine because of the embellishing).
4. Now, Paint/Ink the edges only of the 3 chipboard circles. Then, adhere all three to Ebony/Gold Foil paper from the Magical Variety Pack 4 x 6 - Gold side; so you have a beautiful Ebony Black Mickey Head. Trim the circles and adhere them to the cover. See pictures Next, Adhere the 3 Ebony Black chipboard circles on top of the ribbon on the front cover.
5. Now, it's time to embellish your mini album. Note: you can make as many inside pop up pages for your album. For this tutorial I only created 3. I have plenty of space for pictures and some quick journaling. I add some jewels, enamel dots, ribbon, labels, stickers and die cuts from the Say Cheese Snap Pack by Simple Stories as well as some punched stars, hearts and circles.
Thank you for stopping by today. I can't wait to see what you create with Magical Variety Paper Pack