Monday, June 17, 2013

More Cookin' Up Creations Design Team Work

Over at CUC we are celebrating 4 wonderful years. We have all sorts of challenges and fun going on. Feel free to join us.

I created this layout for one of the challenges posted.
Starry Dreams

The story behind the pictures -- My girls are now 23 & 14 years old. They have been through a lot over the years and they still hold each other and sing. I remember this day like it was yesterday.

The little one Rowynn was was cranky, She wasn't feeling well. All she wanted was to be held.  I had to make dinner and couldn't hold her. So, her big sister Kaitlyn - did just that & sang to her to soothe her. When I looked into the livingroom the sun was setting on them and I knew I had to snap a few pictures of them as they both feel asleep.

That's why the pictures are so dark. But, they add to the moment and the layouts mood.

All the close-ups and details
Title - I use Amy Tangerine/Remark's vellum stickers


For the dots and chevron details - I used Liquid Applique by Marvy Uchida


For the star - I used Gesso, Paint and Heidi Swapp Tinsel. Along with a star stencil.









I hope you join us for the fun we're having over on CUC. If you have any questions about my layout please feel free to ask.


No comments: