Friday, October 13, 2017

Cute Dancing Skeleton Card with Simply Stamps

Hello Creative Friends!! I am so happy that you are here for another card tutorial. 

I am here with an easel card. You can choose any theme for your card.  Along with Simply Stamps great selection I am sure you will find a stamp to meet your theme.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are some quick and easy directions for making an easel card just in case you have never made one.
1. Cut a piece of card stock to 41/4" X 11" This will be your card base. I am using white here just to show you the measurements. 
20171007_014923.jpg
2. Score at 2 3/4" & 5 1/2"  Set aside.
20171007_015328.jpg
3. Cut another piece of card stock at 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" This will be your card top. Now stamp, print or create your preferred image. you can do this directly to the top or on your preferred paper. (for this demo I am using a piece of green card stock but my finished card will be different - It will be a white card base covered with pattern paper)
   20171007_015601.jpg  

I begin creating my card topper by Stamping the Cute Skeleton Image onto White card stock. (I like to stamp it twice just in case I mess up).


Next, I add a bit of color to the Skeleton image with copic marker cool Grey and blend out with a colorless marker. Then I trim out the image. I also trimmed some smaller skeletons from pattern paper to use as accents on the card.

Once, all the images are trimmed, I stamped the sentiments and cut some pattern paper for the background of the topper (this is the same size as the topper 41/4"x 51/2"). 

I have all the components to the card I want to add a bit of color to the card front sentiment. I do that with some Distress Oxide Ink. I then star to assemble the card front. 


I add a Action Wobbler to the back of the Cute Skeleton image (you can trim the wobbler to fit your image.) I then removed the adhesive backing and placed the cute skeleton on the card topper.


Once you have your card top finished it's time to assemble your card. 


4. Fold on the 51/2" score line of the card base. Then fold on the 2 3/4" score line. Now, You will have one side that is solid and one that have two sections. Only put glue on the the bottom section of the side of the base that has the two sections.
 20171007_020339.jpg
5. Now, place your topper onto the base lining up the edges. 
Now, you have an easel card - well almost. It needs a little help stay up.
 6. You can make a holder for your card by either using a sentiment or embellishment. The choice is yours. Since it depends on what you use I don't have exact measurements for you. However, I like to keep it  the width of the card. Either way you will need to give it some height. Not a lot of it but some. I do this with some foam tape. For my example I used an additional sentiment. 
20171007_020042.jpg20171007_005731.jpg
Next, open your card base. Line up the sentiment/embellishment with the bottom of the inside of the card. This will now be your top holder.
20171007_020627.jpg
That's it!! Your card is finished.  You have created an easel card.

Here he is a bit blurry showing you the action.


Side view of the card.


























No comments: