Sunday, October 11, 2020

Tiny Witch Hat with Rinea and Joy Clair Designs

Hello Crafty Friends - I am here with a fun and easy Halloween craft. All month long we are collaborating with Joy Clair Designs to bring you loads of inspiring projects.

I am creating a tiny witch hat prefect for your table-scape or Mantel.

Ad Tech: Multi-temp  Glue Tool
Ad Tech: Glue Sticks
Jot Brand: Foam Adhesive
EkSuccess Embossing Tool
Sizzix 4" Circle Die
Chipboard 

Let's get Started.

I die 3 - 4" circles from the Rinea Foil Paper: Starstruck Ebony/Ebony and 2 - 4" circles from thin chipboard. I also trimmed a 1/4" strip of Rinea Foil Paper: Glossy Voilet/Gold. I then insert the 3 - 4" circles of the Rinea Foil Paper: Starstruck Ebony/Ebony into my Xyron Creative Station Lite.

I apply the 3 - 4" circles of the Rinea Foil Paper: Starstruck Ebony/Ebony onto the 2 chipboard pieces. One of the chipboard pieces will be covered on both sides.

Next, I take the chipboard piece that has Rinea Foil Paper: Starstruck Ebony/Ebony only on one side and cut it in half at 2". Then, I apply a bit of hot glue to the straight end and press it on the other side; creating a cone shape.

I then, apply no hot glue to the bottom of the cone shape and adhere it to
the other 3" Rinea Foil Paper: Starstruck Ebony/Ebony circle. Making sure to center it.
 Now we have a tiny witch hat.

Then, I curl up the brim a bit to give it some fun texture. As you know a good witch hat is a bit worn and torn. Next, I apply a bit of adhesive to the strip of Rinea Foil Paper: Glossy Voilet/Gold and press it into place around the hat. Making sure to crumple it a bit.

Next, I stamped and embossing the pumpkins. I then colored them with Memento Makers. I added the sentiment and little bat cluster to the pumpkins. I fussy cut them out and gave them a bit of a curl so they would sit nicely onto the hat. I put some foam adhesive on the back of the pumpkin and placed them onto the hat. Making sure that the tall pumpkin covers the back seam of the hat.

Now, the Tiny Witch Hat is complete!


Thank you for stopping by the blog today. I hope you found some inspiration!

Don't forget to stop by the Rinea Shop to pick up some of our wonderful Foiled Paper.

6 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fun Halloween project, Annie - such a clever witches hat!!

Darlene said...

OMG! What a clever idea and it looks AMAZING! Well done!!! Did you know there's a new Anything Halloween Challenge Blog opening tomorrow? Be sure to check it out and we'd love to have you join us!
TWO OLD BATS HALLOWEEN CHALLENGE
Darlene - Co-owner

Darlene said...

Me again! Thanks so much for sharing these fabulous creations with us at TWO OLD BATS HALLOWEEN CHALLENGE
Darlene - Co-owner

Diane said...

Adorably cute cute hat! Thank you for joining our Two Old Bats Halloween challenge!
Diane TOBHC DT {Nellies Nest}

Maria Rodriguez. said...

What a cute and creative project, love the pumpkin decorations on it.
Thank you for sharing with us at TWO OLD BATS HALLOWEN CHALLENGE.
Hugs.
Maria/DT

kramer_buffy said...

This is such an easy and smart idea. Love it!

Thanks for joining us at TWO OLD BATS Halloween Challenge!

-- Dalis
StamprGrl Blog