Friday, January 7, 2022

Be Mine Shaker card with Brutus Monroe

 Hello Craft Friends - I am so honored and excited to be a part of the Brutus Monroe Design Team.

I created this fun Valentine's Day card featuring the Sweet Valentine Stamp and Die Sets


Let's get started.

I start by putting some Glitter Glaze in Periwinkle onto a piece of white cardstock that measures 4.25"x5.50"  using a palette knife. I only put it on the edges of the cardstock. 
I then put some onto a 3"x 4" piece of white cardstock - this will be for the back of the shaker. I set them aside to dry.


Next, I stamp my image onto the Brutus Monro Perfect Blend Cardstock using the Raven Ink. Then, I color my image using some Copic Markers (see below for list). I then die cut the window using the coordinating Sweet Valentine Die set . I trimmed of about an 1/8" from the sides of the panel. Next, I stamp the sentiment Be Mine in the little frame area above the cute couple.


Next, I put some clear acetate and foam adhesive on the back of the window. This will be the shaker of the card. I fill the area with some leftover sequins from the 
Brutus Monroe Mother's Day Inspiration Box using only the purple and cream colored sequins. 
Then, I adhered the 3"x 4" piece of cardstock that has the Glitter Glaze in Periwinkle.

Then, I adhered the front panel onto a black piece of cardstock that is 1/8" larger than the panel.

 

Next, I adhere the matted panel onto the Glitter Glaze in Periwinkle panel.  Finally, Adhere the card front panel onto the my 110# cardbase. I add some Pearl Pink heart next to my sentiment for a finishing touch.

Now the card is complete.

Supplies Used:
Brutus Monroe Sequins
Recollections Brand 110# Cardstock: White
Accent 80# Ultra Smooth Cardstock: Opaque White
Bearly Art Glue
Acetate
Tiny Pearl Pink Hearts
Copic Markers:
Stools: R20, R21 & R22, C1 & C2
Cabinets/Containers: Y21, R22, BV000, E33, C2, C1
Candies: B41,Y38, G43, BV04, R27,  & BG000
Girl Dress/Shoes: BV000, BV01, BV02, C6, & C7 
Girl Hair: Y21, YR24, & E15
Girl Skin: E00, E11, &  E95
Boy Clothes/Shoes: B93, B95, C4, C6 & C7
Boy Hair: E33, E15, &E37
Boy Skin: E00, E11, &  E95

Thank you for stopping by the blog today. I hope you found some inspiration!

No comments: