Saturday, June 22, 2019

Hope Your Day Does Swimmingly Shaker Card with Doodles Paper Playground

Hello Crafty Friends - I am here with a mermaid shaker card featuring the 
New Release Sparkle Blend: Mermazing.

No photo description available.
This blend is perfect for your summer projects! 
A gorgeous combination of greens, blues, aqua &; teal - 
this blend is perfect for ocean and beach themes.
 We’ve combined a wide variety of sequins in different finishes and 
sizes ranging from 2mm to 8mm, plus beautiful marbled glass beads
 and tri-tone spheres, as well as open ring sequins that look like bubbles. 
The cute, multi-colored, iridescent mermaid confetti and 
two sizes and styles of shell sequins are perfect for themed projects 
but easy enough to pick out of the mix if you want to save them for a different project.

This is the card I created

I have a quick tutorial for you on how I created this card.
Let's get started:

I start by printing(Mermaid and friends are a digital) and coloring my images. I then fussy cut them out and set them aside. Next, I take a A2 size card front panel and add a light all around coverage of Tumbled Glass Distress ink.
Then, I place a wave stencil onto the card panel. I sponged on some Salty Ocean Distress ink. 
  

Next, I just move the stencil up just a bit and sponged on some Blue Print Sketch Distress ink.
 

Then, I laid bubble stencil on top of the card panel and sponged on some Peacock Feathers Distress ink.

 

Next, die cut a frame into my card front panel. I am now ready to create my shaker card. I gather my components. I also get dark blue cardstock cut to 4.25" x 5.5" for the backing of my shaker.

I start by adhering some packaging material to the back of the frame.  **(you can use acetate instead)
I turn my frame piece over and adhered the mermaid and friends to the clear part of the panel and the frame. 
Tip- I use the frame to help center my wave panel onto the blue cardstock.
Then, I adhered the part I cut from the frame to the center of my now dark blue cardstock (this will be my card front panel). Next, I add my Sparkle Blend on to the wave cardstock piece.  

I  add two layers of adhesive to the frame piece and place it onto the card front panel. Next, I adhered the card front panel onto my card base. Then, I add the sentiment and a few Nuvo Drops to finish off the card. 

Now, the card is complete!

Materials Used:
Digital Image: Jade Dragonne: Mermaid & Friends
Copic Markers: R59, BG72, BG09, BV17, E00, 
E000, E11, E93, B00, B01, BG72
Spectrum Noir Markers: CR10, CR1, CG1, CG2, BT3, 
HB1, CT4, OR1, CT4, BT3, BO1, & MG1
Recollections Brand: Heavy Weight Cardstock
White and Dark Blue

Thank you for stopping by the blog today. I hope you found some inspiration! 


Be sure to tag us Doodles Paper Playground on social media 
if you create a project with our Sparkle Blends. 

There is also a new Facebook group where you can share 
creations you have made with Sparkle Blends!
Come check it out, share some inspiration!

All of our Sparkle Blends can be purchased only at the 

No comments: