Sunday, July 26, 2020

Summer Flip Flops Decor with Rinea

Hello Crafty Friends - I am here with a cute set of Flip Flops that you can use to decorate your home.


Materials Used:
Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Ink: Carved Pumpkin
Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Ink: Fossilized Amber
Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Ink: Broken China
Recollections Brand  65lb Cardstock: Navy
Xyron Creative Station Lite: Adhesive
Imagine Crafts: Tear It Tape
Brother Scan N Cut Machine

Let's get started

I gathered all the components for the flip flops. I used the Brother Scan N Cut for the cut file.
I have 2 Navy cardstock soles(1 with slots for the straps and one without), I have 4 Navy cardstock Straps, I have a total of 4 sets of flowers a larger one, and small one.
Rinea: Glossy Marigold/Gold Foiled Paper  large flowers,
Rinea: Glossy Marigold/Gold Foiled Paper small flowers, 2 Rinea: Starstruck Gold/Gold Foiled Paper large stamens, Rinea: Starstruck Gold/Gold Foiled Paper small stamens, 
Rinea: Starstruck Turquoise/ Turquoise Foiled Paper  soles and straps.


Flowers: I did the flowers first to give them some time to dry. I cut the flowers and stamen from Rinea: Starstruck Gold/Gold Foiled Paper Rinea: Glossy Marigold/Gold Foiled Paper
I inked all the flowers and stamen with Distressed Oxide Inks. I use Carved Pumpkin on the flowers and Fossilized Amber on the stamen, I do this because our Foiled Paper has a white core and I don't want it to show.

Next, I added a bit of Imagine Crafts: Tear It Tape to the open tabs of the flowers and press them closed. This will make the flowers curve. Next, I just curl the petals of the flowers. 
 
Then, I adhered to the small center flower into the bigger flower. I followed by gluing the stamen to the center of the flower. I adhered a Fushia colored jewel to the center of the flowers. I set them aside to dry.
  

Flip Flops: I ran the Rinea: Starstruck Turquoise/ Turquoise Foiled Paper soles and straps of the flip flop through the Xyron Creative Station Lite.  
 

Then, I pressed the Rinea: Starstruck Turquoise/ Turquoise Foiled Paper soles and straps onto the Navy cardstock.
 

Next, I added some Imagine Crafts: Tear It Tape to the back of the straps. Then, I insert them into the slits on the flip flops.
   
I removed the backing from the adhesive and pressed them onto the back of the flip flops.
 
I then adhered the finishing sole to the flip flops to hide all the tabs.
 

Next, I adhered the flowers to the flip flops. I attached the large flowers to the center of the straps and then small flowers right next to the large flowers.

Now, the Flip Flops are complete and ready to be used for decor. You can attach a string to hang them up if you would like.
 

Thank you for stopping by the blog today. I hope you found some inspiration!

Don't forget to stop by the Rinea Shop to pick up some of our wonderful Foiled Paper.

No comments: