Hello Friends - I am here with a quick and easy tutorial today. I wanted to share a pretty note pad I created for my daughter. I think you will love to create one for a loved one, a friend or yourself.
Rinea Princess Foiled Paper Variety Pack - Crafter's Pack - I used the following: Starstruck Blush Pink, Starstruck Lavender Light Purple, Glossy Blush Pink/Gold & Glossy Lavender Light Purple/Gold
Jade/Jade Starstruck Foiled Paper
Joy Clair - Bee-Kind| Bible Journaling Clear Stamps
12" x 12" Heavy Weight Cardstock - I used Recollections -Black & White
Small Memo Pad - Purchased mine at the Dollar Tree Pack of 3
Tsukineko Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black & Versafine - Onyx Black
Coloring Medium for stamps-I used Spectrum Noir Markers in the following colors: CT1 & CT2 - Bee's Body & BT1 &BT2 - Bee's Wings
Assorted Dies or Punches
Gelly Roll Gel Pens - Black, White and Glitter Gold
Zig Wink of Stella - Bee's Wings and tail. As well as Sentiment.
Velcro Fastener - I purchased mine at the Dollar Tree Pack of 12
Tools: Score Board, Bone Folder, Die Cutting Machine (I used my Cuddle-bug) Trimmer & Scissors
Adhesive - I used Tonic Studio Nuvo Deluxe Liquid Adhesive, Scotch Foam adhesive
Embellishments if desired - I used Small Jewels
So, Let's begin the project. - I like to break it down into a few steps.
1. Stamp the images you would like to use onto the heavy weight White cardstock. Using the Memento Tuxedo Black ink (if using alcohol markers, if using watercolor pens then use the Versafine Onyx Black Ink). Then, Color with coloring medium. Next, add any details you would like to you images - I added a bit of white gel pen on the body and some black & gold dots on the wings. Then, I stamped the sentiment.
2. Next, Trim the 12" x 12" Black heavy weight card stock into 3-1/2" x 11-3/4". Save the remaining card stock for your die cutting. Now, choose your dies and punches - die cut the sentiment as well as other desired shaped to decorate note pad with dies of choice, I chose to used a hive background, stitch scalloped frame, hexagon, assorted flowers and leaf sprig. For the sentiment & frame - I used the heavy weight card stock in black and white. For the hive background I used Glossy Lavender Light Purple/Gold - gold side up. For the flowers I used Starstruck Blush Pink, Starstruck Lavender Light Purple, Glossy Blush Pink/Gold from the Rinea Princess Foiled Paper Variety Pack - Crafter's Pack. For the leaves I used Jade/Jade Starstruck Foiled Paper. Cutting everything all at once is a time saver. Set. all the pretty cut aside.
3. Next, adhere the frame on top of the background trim any extra. Now, let's assemble the flowers. I simply stack the three sizes just offsetting the petals so the flowers look fuller. Set aside to dry.
4. While the topper is drying let's score the cover for our note pad. Using a scoring board or a trimmer channel - using the bone folder - score at 1", 1-1/4", 6-1/4" & 6-12". Next, crease the score lines - using the bone folder.
5. Adhere the pad into the cover. Place adhesive of choice on the back of the note pad and the creased section of the cover as shown the photos below. Press firmly. Next, push on the crease so the top of the note pad really sticks to the cover. I use the bone folder to press it. Plus, it give it a nice crisp look.
6.Now, Adhere the topper (hive background) to the front of the cover. Then, place sentiment on foam adhesive and center onto front cover. Next, arrange the flowers, bees and their buzzing trails as you like around the sentiment. Don't forget about the small tab on the bottom. I used the punched sections from the background and a flower. Now, for the closer - I peel off one Velcro tab and center it onto the other - stacking them. See photo below. The Velcro has strong adhesive this is why I only expose one side first - I then center the Velcro stack onto the lower tab - press in place - then remove the remain plastic backing and press the lower tab closed. Ok - You are almost done - time to add a few extra finishing touches. I added some jewels to the centers of the flowers.
You now have a very Pretty Note Pad - prefect for a gift. You can modify this tutorial using more masculine colors and stamps.
Thank you for spending some time with me today here at the Rinea Blog. Be sure to share with us if you create a Pretty Note Pad of your own.
Have a Great Crafty Day!!