I kept my card simple - I printed out the same dragonfly twice - altering only the size on one of the dragonfly so I ended up with a larger and small version.
Next I cut a piece cream cardstock to 4"x 51/4'. I then did some die cutting - using a scalloped boarder die to cut one side of the cream cardstock. I also used a larger version of that scalloped boarder die on the Rinea Foil paper in Turquoise Glossy. I also cut the word Happy five times - 4 from black cardstock and 1 from Rinea Foil paper in Jade Starstruck. Finally, 1 small stitched rectangle.
Now, to create the card - I started by stacking the die cut Happy word gluing between layers. Set it aside with a heavy acrylic block on top. Next, I layered the cream cardstock on top of the strip of turquoise Rinea Foil paper. I then layered that onto my black card base. Next, I added the dragonflies making sure to angle them. Using the sentiment from the Hero Arts Happy Stamp & Cut DC150 set I stamped it on the small rectangle with black ink and then heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. I then adhered the Happy die cut word to the top of the card, next I put some foam adhesive on the back of the stamped sentiment and place it over the happy die cut. To finish up the card I add a few tiny confetti dots.
The a2z scrapbooking store carries a wide variety of Hero Arts products! Get discounted new releases, sales, grab bags & more. Proceeds from our store benefit Celiac & Behcets disease foundations. Use my discount code Annie15 to get 15% off your purchase of $25 or more. If you’re looking for a Hero Arts product you don’t see in store, use the Request Custom Order button from with-in the shop.
Have a fantastic crafting day!
Please join us in this month’s “Anything Goes” challenge. As you know, we’ve changed our rules a bit and participants are no longer required to use Hero Arts products to enter our challenges. Each month we feature a ‘Digi of the Month’ which will be the prize offered to our randomly-chosen challenge winner from our Hero Arts store. Our current monthly challenge can always be found in the menu bar, and runs from the 1st to last day of the month.
- Hero Arts Winged Friends Digital Download DK033
- Hero Arts Happy Stamp & Cut Set
- Tsukineko Versafine Onyx Black Ink
- Spectrum Nior Markers (GT -1,2&3/CT1&2/CG1,2 &3/LG1,2,3 &5)
- Ranger Clear Embossing powder
- Rinea Foil Paper in Turquoise Glossy and Jade Starstuck
- Recollections Heavy Weight Cardstock in Black and Cream
- Lawn Fawn Scalloped Boarder Dies
- MFT Stitched Rectangle Die
- Kuretake Zig Wink of Stella - Clear Shimmer Pen
- Sakura Gelly Roll Metallic Silver
- Tonic Studios Deluxe Liquid Adhesive
- 3M Foam & Tape runner Adhesive
- Lucy's Cards - Tiny Confetti