Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Happy Mother's Day with White Rose Crafts LLC

Hello Crafty Friends - I am here with a watercolor mother's day card.

Don't worry I promise you can do this. If you can stamp, heat emboss and add a bit of color then you can create this card.

So let's get started. This is the card I created.

First, you will need to stamp your image onto watercolor paper (unless you are using Zig or Arteza Real brush pens - I would use Strathmoore Bristol Smooth Cardstock). I cut my watercolor paper to a A2 size piece so that I easily turn it into a card later.

Now, I prep my paper for heat embossing with an anti-static tool. Then, I stamp my image using VersaMark ink and then cover the image with white embossing powder. Shake off the excess powder and heat set it with a heat tool until powder is melted and shiny.

Next, gather your watercolor supplies, I am using Distress ink mini cubes along with a water brush pen and a piece of plastic for a palette. 

I will be doing the wet on wet technique (this is when you wet your paper first with clean water then you just drop in a bit of watercolor in the same spot). The embossing creates little wells for the colors to gather so it's pretty easy. I start with a bit of yellow. If any of the color goes outside the white lines just use a paper towel or towel to clean it up. If any of the color remains then just add a bit of clean water and dab with a paper towel until the color is removed.

Now, I add a bit of orange color to the center of the flowers. The, I will blend the yellow and the orange together. Just like when you color with your markers or color pencils.

Next, repeat the process with the greens. I used 2 shades of green for the leaves and the dragonfly.

Then, I added a bit of light blue around the image for a bit of shadow. I did the blue a bit darker towards the bottom of both the flowers and the dragonfly. You are now done water-coloring your images. You can either set it aside to dry or use your heat tool to dry it. I set mine aside to dry since the images are small and I didn't use a lot of water. 

Now, while the images are drying I trimmed some pattern paper, cardstock and die cut part of my sentiment.  Then, I gathered all the components to create the card front panel.

I start with the base of my panel (notice I trimmed away some of the pattern paper- I was thinking of using it for my die cut word then I changed my mind). I adhere the pattern paper to the cardstock mat making sure to leave about an 1/4" all around. Next, I adhere the water-color panel.

Now, I take the die cut word - HAPPY - which I die cut 3x. once from specialty gold paper and 2x from white cardstock. I then do the glue and stack process to create a nice sturdy piece.

Next, I stamped the rest of the sentiment onto light green cardstock using the darker green Distress ink. I then cut it into a strip and did a decorative slant end on one side. I adhere the die cut word onto the card front panel and just tuck it into the Y from the word happy. Next, I adhered the card front panel onto my card base. For finishing, I added a few Sparkle Blends: Birthstone Collection May Emerald to the card.

Now, the card is complete! 

Supplies Used:
Ranger-Tim Holtz: Distress Inks: Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, 
Hero Arts Stamp & Cut Happy Set
Recollection Brand Cardstock: White, Butter yellow & soft pink
* Inkadinkado's Beauty Stems is sold out - 
I link another set just in case you are interested

Thank you for stopping by the blog today! 

Be sure to tag us Doodles Paper Playground on social media 
if you create a project with our Sparkle Blends.
 All of our Sparkle Blends can be purchased on the 
be sure to use the discount code
 Annie 10(there's a space between my name and the number).

No comments: