Sunday, August 4, 2019

Geometric Happy Birthday Card with Dies R Us

Hello Crafty Friends - I am here with a fun quick and easy geometric, rainbow birthday card.

I figured with some of us already back to school shopping and some of us still on summer break it would be a good idea to keep this weeks card simple.

Here's the card I created.

Let's get started

I start by gathering my supplies; the dies and scraps of cardstock in rainbow colors, white cardstock for the sentiment and a black cardstock card front panel.

Next, I die cut the squares from the rainbow cardstock. I only used the 3 smaller square dies. I also die cut the sentiment 3 times.

Then, I ran the squares and the sentiments (except the Red and Blue squares) through my Xyron 3" sticker maker. I then rub and removed the protective sheet from the Xyron adhesive sheet. 


Next, I placed my squares onto the black cardstock front panel. Keeping the squares to the left side of the front panel. I used some foam adhesive on the red and blue squares for some added dimension.

Then, I stacked the sentiments on top of one another to get some dimension. This was really easy because of the Xyron adhesive.
 

Next, I  added the sentiment to the card front panel. Then, I added some sequins for a finishing touch. I kept the sequins in rainbow colors.
 


Now, the card is complete!

Materials Used:
Dovecraft - Dies - Happy Birthday

Memory Box - Dies - Stitched Squares

Xyron 3" Sticker Maker
Recollections Brand Cardstock: Red, White, Black, Yellow, 
Orange, Green, Purple, and Blue
Darice Brand Sequins: Birthday Hat, Stars, Round, and Tiny Confetti
Low Profile Foam Adhesive

Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you found some inspiration!

Don't forget to come and join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog. There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store. For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.

No comments: