Hello Crafty Friends - I am here with a quick notebook for your Goals for the New Year!
This is a quick notebook for you to take along and jot down your notes or goals for the day.
So, Let's begin the project. - I like to break it down into a few steps.
1. Next, Trim the 12" x 12" White heavy weight card stock into 3-1/2" x 11-3/4". Save the remaining card stock for another project.
2. let's score the cover for our note pad. Using a scoring board or a trimmer channel - using the bone folder - score at 5" & 5-1/4". Then at 10-1/4" & 10- 3/8". Next, crease the score lines - using the bone folder.
3. Apply a bit of gesso to your cover. heat set or air dry (I heat set). Then, spray some Heidi Swapp Color Shine, Tim Holtz Distress Stain Spray. Heat set to dry.
4. Adhere the pad into the cover. Place adhesive of choice on the back of the note pad and the creased section of the cover. I added an extra piece cardstock to the inside of the cover as well as to the bottom closer. Press firmly. Next, push on the crease so the top of the note pad really sticks to the cover. I use the bone folder to press it. Plus, it give it a nice crisp look.
5. Now, Adhere the Tear & Dew Drops to the cover creating a flower. Each flower will require 6 Tear Drops and 1 Dew Drop per flower. Then, an adorable Butterfly just under the top flower.
Next, add sticker letters and washi tape. Note* - Add a bit adhesive to the stickers and washi because of the gesso & sprays. Then, adhere the doilie die cut to the bottom right. Then, add the number stickers, the trimmed Chipboard Saffron Card and a bit of washi. Trim off anything extra.
6. Now, for the closer - I peel off one Velcro tab and center it onto the other - stacking them. The Velcro has strong adhesive this is why I only expose one side first - I then center the Velcro stack onto the lower tab - press in place - then remove the remain plastic backing and press the lower tab closed.
You now have a very Goals Notebook - prefect for a gift. You can modify this tutorial using more masculine design with the Dew Drops.
DCWV -Canvas Cardstock
Recollections Cardstock - Blue
EK Success - Letters & Numbers
Tim Holtz Distress Stain Spray - Cracked Pistachio
Heidi Swapp Color Shine Spray - Teal
Velcro Fastener - I purchased mine at the Dollar Tree Pack of 12
Tools: Score Board, Bone Folder, Trimmer & Scissors
Adhesive - Scotch adhesive
Thank you for spending some time with me today here at the Robin's Nest Blog.
Be sure to share with us if you create a Goals Notebook of your own.
Have a Great Crafty Day!!