Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Never Give Up Card with White Rose Crafts LLC

Hello Crafty Friends - I am Guest Designing for White Rose Crafts LLC this month. It's an honor to be working with Kay and her team. 

Today, I am here with a quick and easy card 
using this month's kit called Blue Skies.

This kit is beautiful - it has shades of blue, rich gold, butterflies,
 uplifting quotes and a fantastic stamp by Kaisercrafts.

So let's get started on the card.

I started by trimming the floral paper to 4" x 5-1/4". I pulled a piece of Navy cardstock from my stash and trimmed that to 4-1/1"" x 5-1/2". Next, I die cut a circle from the rich gold specialty cardstock from the kit. Then, I trimmed the sentiment I wanted to use from one of the pattern papers from the kit.

Once, I had my papers, sentiment and other supplies gathered I created the card.

I matted the floral pattern paper onto the navy cardstock. Then, I used low profile foam adhesive on the back of the gold circle and adhered it the lower right of the card front.

Next, I turned my attention to the chipboard butterfly. I used Distress Oxide Ink in Squeezed Lemonade directly onto the butterfly. I lightly dried it between layers of ink with my heat tool. Next, I sprayed the New Distress Oxide Spray in Mermaid Lagoon. 


Once it was dry I flipped it over and added low profile foam adhesive onto the back of the butterfly. Then, place it onto the gold cardstock circle.

Next, I added the sentiment on top of the butterfly again with low profile foam adhesive. I was now ready to add some finishing touches.

I add a few sequins from the Sunny Skies Sparkle Blend that comes in the kit. I also added from the Sparkle Blend the little gold coils to the antenna. I adhered the card front to a top folding card base.  

Now the card is complete!

You can create a similar card with the contents
 of the March's Blue Skies Kit available now.

Supplies Used:
Ingio Skies Pattern Papers, Gold cardstock & Sequins

Thank you for stopping by the blog today!

If you would like to join in the fun for the White Rose Crafts March Sketch Challenge, and other fun activites and conversations make sure you join the 
White Rose Crafts Gallery group on Facebook!

No comments: