Thursday, February 27, 2020

Dreams Soar Slim Line Card with Dies R Us

Hello Crafty Friends - I am here with a watercolor slimline card featuring

I fell in love with is Octolady. She is just so interesting.
 I wanted an underwater scene without a lot of extra items distracting for the Octolady.

I stamped the image onto some Strathmoore Bristol Smooth cardstock with 
Ranger Embossing Powder: Super Fine Clear. I heat set the image.

Next, I used my Arteza Real Brush Watercolor Markers to apply a base coat to the 
AALL + Create Stamp: Octolady.  Then, I used my Artist Loft: Metallic Watercolor paints and applied a topcoat. Next, I filled in the background of the panel with blue watercolor paint. I did a few splatters with the metallic paint and Imagine Crafts: Sheer Shimmer Spritz: Frost.
 
Then, I trimmed the panel down and matted it with a piece of medium blue cardstock followed by another mat of cardstock in purple. I adhered the panels to the slimline card base. I stamped the sentiment onto some of the purple cardstock and adhered it to the top right-hand corner. For a finishing touch, I adhered some sequins in opalescent under the sentiment and the bottom left-hand corner.

Materials Used:
See the source image


VersaFine Clair Ink Pad - Nocturne
Imagine Crafts: Sheer Shimmer Spritz: Frost
Ranger Embossing Powder: Super Fine Clear
Imagine Crafts: On Point Glue
US ART QUEST-Goodbye Static Pad
Strathmore Bristol Smooth cardstock
Arteza Real Brush Watercolor Markers
Artist Loft: Metallic Watercolor paints
Recollection Brand 110lb Cardstock: White
Recollections Brand 65lb Cardstock: Medium Blue and Purple
Paper Studios Brand: Paper Trimmer
Paper Studios Brand: Heat Tool
Tim Holtz Stamping Platform

Thank you for stopping by the blog today. I hope you found some inspiration!


Before I write the list of the supplies I used, I wanted to share some exciting news with you. Dies R Us now has a sister store called Didi Crafts, which has warehouses located in the USA and Canada. Didi Crafts carries some of the same products as Dies R Us, but most are different and you will be able to purchase a huge variety of crafty supplies for a variety of crafts. Having this sister store means that our Canadian crafting friends won't have to worry about huge taxes or shipping fees. Isn't that great?! Go take a peek and be pleasantly surprised!

Don't forget to come and join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog. There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store. For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.


click below for:




1 comment:

Unknown said...

As reported by Stanford Medical, It's indeed the ONLY reason this country's women get to live 10 years more and weigh on average 42 pounds less than we do.

(And realistically, it really has NOTHING to do with genetics or some secret exercise and really, EVERYTHING about "HOW" they are eating.)

P.S, I said "HOW", and not "what"...

CLICK this link to reveal if this quick quiz can help you find out your real weight loss possibility