Sunday, July 7, 2019

Ahoy, Matey Card with Dies R Us

Hello Crafty Friends - I am here with a fun interactive birthday card.

Today's card is mostly Lawn Fawn Products. I wanted to create a fun child's birthday card. I used the Ahoy, Matey stamp set along with a few dies.


Lift the Flap -  by the X that marks the spot - to see the rest of the
 sentiment and of course the treasure!

Let's get started.

I stamped, colored, and fussy cut the images. I also die cut some waves into light blue cardstock and a stitched hill into tan cardstock. I die cut some clouds and sun as well.

Next, I added a bit of Distress Oxide ink in Mermaid Lagoon to the waves. The top of the light blue cardstock will become the sky. I add more ink to the wave caps the fade out toward the bottom.

Then, I add some Distress Oxide Ink in Vintage Photo to the sand hill. I used the sponge applicator for the top and sides. I then used a stencil brush and stippled the ink on to create the effect of sand.

Now, for the assembly of the card.  I puzzle piece the section back together using the card front panel as my base (the cream cardstock) for proper placement.  I use some washi tape to hold everything together so that I can die cut the flap. 


I place the Lift the Flap die in place, secure with some washi and run it through my die cutting machine. 

I die cut a second flap from light yellow cardstock for the inside. This will hide all the layers. I trim away the extra cardstock.


Next, I turn over the front panel and run adhesive down the back. 
I also adhered the yellow cardstock to the backside of the flap.

I put a bit more really close to the opening area. 

I then center the front panel onto the cream cardstock.

Then, I add some Distress Oxide in Vintage Photo with the stencil brush to the inside of the flap area.

Next, I start adding the images.
 First, I run most of the images through the Xyron 150 Sticker Maker.

I start with the inside of the flap area. I add the treasure chest, extra gold pieces, and jewels.

Then, I close the flap and start placing the other images to the front of the card. I tuck the little ship into the waves. layer the clouds and sun (so the sun is peeking out of the clouds) and the little mountains and palm trees. I added the parrot to one of the trees. As well as the small oasis. I then used some low profile foam tape to adhere the little boy and girl into place. Finally, I added the sentiment on the flap and inside the flap area over the treasure.


Materials Used:
Lawn Fawn - Ahoy, Matey Stamps

Lawn Fawn - Lift The Flap Dies

Lawn Fawn - Ocean Wave Borders Dies

Lawn Fawn - Simple Puffy Clouds Dies

Lawn Fawn - Spring Showers Dies

Lawn Fawn - Stitched Hillside Borders Dies

Distress Oxide Ink Pad - Fossilized Amber

Distress Oxide Ink Pad - Mermaid Lagoon

Distress Oxide Ink Pad - Vintage Photo


VersaFine Clair Ink Pad - Nocturne
Tsukineko Memento Ink: Tuxedo Black
Sakura Gelly Roll Pens: White, Black & Metallic Gold
Xyron Mega Runner Adhesive
Xyron 150 Sticker Maker
Tim Holtz Stamping Platform
Recollections Brand Cardstock: Cream, Light Blue, Light Yellow & Tan

Thank you for stopping by the blog, I hope you found some inspiration!

No comments: