Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Grilling Fun with Xyron

Hello Crafty Friends - I am here with a fun BBQ Grill Gift Box.

With 4th of July just around the corner and BBQ season in full swing; I thought it would be fun to create a BBq Gift box for the hostess/host of the BBQ party.

You can put a gift card for their favorite grocery store, some of your favorite spices and a recipe or just some fun goodies.


Inside the grill

The box view.


Let's get started on this project!
I first download the cut files from Simply Crafty SVGs - BBQ Box and Card Set   
Then, I cut the files on my Brother Scan n Cut.

I stamped some of the bbq food from Lawn Fawn Let's BBQ Stamp Set. I colored and fussy cut them out. Ran the stamped images through the Xyron 150 Sticker Maker and I also ran the smaller parts of the Grill through the Xyron 150 Sticker Maker and the Xyron 3" Disposable Sticker Maker.

Now for the assembly. I followed the PDF provided by Simply Crafty SVGs.
  1. Fold all the box pieces.  Start with bottom box piece. Add some Xyron Mega Runner Adhesive on the tabs that will be the bottom of the box. Place the tabs under the bottom piece and press to secure. Adhere on side pieces to the inside of the sides of the boxes. 




  1. I ran the door panels through the Xyron 3" Disposable Sticker Maker. Then, I attached door panels to the bottom box.  Bottom edge of doors should be slightly above score line and very slightly from right and left score lines, as shown. This is to ensure there is a little gap in the middle. I then attach the door handles.


Next, I formed the grill top.  I first adhered the grill side tops and the grill fire pit section. I ran the pieces through the Xyron 3" Disposable Sticker Maker for even coverage.


 I ink all the sides of the grill and the side tops. I then placed the side tops and grill fire pit section onto the grill top panel. I like to do this before forming it.


Add a bit of Xyron Mega Runner adhesive to the small triangular tabs to the underside of each side, to create the form for side burners.    

Next, add a bit of Xyron Mega Runner to the front of the tabs back, as shown, they will form stabilizers for the side tops/burners.
  

When adhered it will look like a little triangle.

  1. Adhere back tab of grill top to the bottom box, inside the top back side of the box. Rounded section and stabilizers should be facing towards the front of the box.

  1. Flip box over and apply pressure to the tab to secure. Carefully line up the fold of tab with the edge of the box. Make sure both sides of the burners clear the bottom box before setting. This forms the opening for the box portion. 



Now, for the grill cover. I ran some Xyron Mega Runner on all the triangle tabs and back tabs. I then slowly pressed into place going with the curve of the lid. Repeating this on both sides. I then press the back tabs into place.
 

Now, It's time to add the handle to the grill top. The cut file has two small slits for inserting the handle into place. I add a bit of Xyron Mega Runner to the tapered edges and slide them into the slits. 

Then, I press down the tabs to secure.
 

  

Now, to add the top to the grill bottom. I add some Xyron Mega Runner to both sides of the back tab. **Please note that the PDF will have to adhere this top on the outside of the bottom box. I didn't like the look of that so I am placing the tab on the inside.
I then gently pulled apart the grill pit and side top/burners from the bottom. I adhered the lid to the back tab of the grill pit and side top/burners. I then place it back inside the bottom box and press into place.

I did get some adhesive on the outside of my box. That's when my Xyron Adhesive Eraser can into action and quickly removed it without any damage to my project. Gotta love that!



Now, to add the knobs, bbq tools, and thermostat on the lid. 
I ran all the pieces through the Xyron 150 Sticker Maker which makes so easy - especially with all the small pieces.

I started with the knobs. I like to leave the pieces on the backer sheet of the Xyron150 Sticker Maker because it makes easier not lose any of the small pieces. I layer the black smaller circles on top of the silver circles. Then, the little bow tie looking pieces on top of the black circles.


Now, for the thermostat. Layer the silver circle onto the black one. Doing the best to center 
 


Next, the bbq tools. I run the brown handles through the Xyron 150 Sticker Maker and then, I add a bit of ink to the edges. I then layered the brown handles onto the silver tools. This gives the look of real tools. 
  

Then, I flip over the tool and add a bit only to the ends of the tool of Xyron Mega Runner adhesive. I then press them onto the grill front just under the grill sides. One on each side.
 


Now, what grill is complete without food! Am I right!?! So, I added some of the stamped and colored images from Lawn Fawn Let's BBQ Stamp Set. I ran them through the Xyron 150 Sticker Maker to make placing them onto the grill easy.

I first place one of the plates on the side top. I then place one of the steaks onto the plate.
 

Next, I added a bit of Xyron Mega Runner to the little tab I left on all the flames. I then bent the tabs into an L shape. I then pressed the flame tab to the back of the food I wanted on the grill.

 

 


Then, I took the little pieces that were leftover from the grill grid and added some Xyron Mega Runner to them. I folded them in half only pressing down the top leaving the bottom open to form two little legs. I did this three times.

I then place one of the little leg pieces onto the back of the burger. I then place the other burger on top of it. Making sure to line everything up. I placed the burger onto the plate on the side top. I repeat the process for Ketchup and Mustard bottles. This will allow the burger, ketchup, and mustard to stand up.

 


Now, the BBQ Grill Box is complete and ready to be filled with a gift of your choice. 
Any true BBQ enthusiast will love this grill box.

Materials Used: 
Adhesive:

Cut Files:

Stamp:

Inks:
Recollections Brand: Metallic Silver Ink

Cardstock:
Recollections Brand Heavy Weight Cardstock:
Black, White, Burnt Orange, and Kraft
Recollection Brand Specialty Cardstock: Metallic Silver
Spectrum Noir Markers

Tools:
Brother Scan n Cut Electronic Machine
Brother Scan n Cut Software
Apple Macbook Pro
Tim Holtz Stamp Platform
Fiskars Texture Plate: Basketweave
Fiskars Stylus

Thank you for stopping by the blog today. I hope you found some inspiration!

No comments: