Friday, July 19, 2019

Sea Dreams with White Rose Crafts LLC

Hello Crafty Friends - I am here with a fun and quick embossed mermaid card.

I used a Laser Cut Chipboard as my main focal point along 
with an inked background to create this card.


Let's get started.

I inked the chipboard mermaid with some Distress oxide in Blueprint sketch. I wanted to emphasis the silhouette but, I didn't want black. I then covered the inked mermaid with Ranger Clear embossing powder and heat set it. I set it aside to cool.

  


Next, I focused on the background. I used Strathmoore Bristol Smooth cardstock and several 
Distress Oxide inks in Blueprint Sketch, Wilted Violet, Broken China, Cracked Pistachio, Carved Pumpkin, Fossilized Amber and Worn Lipstick. To create a sunset. I set it aside to dry while I worked on the sentiment.

For the sentiment - I used a VersaMarker and traced the Cut Apart words from the Mediterranean Dreams Kit.  First, I used the Anti-Static bag and then trace the letters. I covered the letters in Ranger Clear embossing powder and heat set it. I set it aside to cool - while I cleared up my space to create the card. 
  

Now, I gathered all the components of the card. The embossed mermaid, the embossing sentiment, background panel, and a layering panel of dark blue cardstock. I start by adhering the background panel onto the blue cardstock panel. Next, I add both foam and liquid adhesive to the back of the mermaid. I center the mermaid making sure to get some of the sea and sky in her circle.
Then, I fishtail the sentiment banners and add some foam adhesive to the back of them and add them to the card panel.  
  


Finally, I added some Doodles Paper Playground Sparkle Blend: Tropical 
from the Mediterranean Dreams Kit to create a little bluff for the mermaid.
 I also added a few by the sentiment.

The card is now complete.

Materials Used:
 Scrapberry Cut Apart Topper Sheet 2 Sentiment 
Doodles Paper Playground Sparkle Blend: Tropical
VersaMarker Embossing Pen

Thank you for stopping by the blog today - I hope you found some inspiration!


Be sure to tag us White Rose Crafts LLC on social media 
if you create a project with products or kits purchased on the 

No comments: