Friday, October 26, 2018

Sugar Skull Fun with Rinea

Hello Friends - Annie here with a fun project just in time for Halloween. Today, I am making a sugar skull using the Haunted Variety Crafter's Pack This is a pretty easy and quick project.


Let's gather our supplies and get started on our project:
Plastic Skull - Dollar Tree
Plaid Mutli-Surface Paint - White
Aleene's Clear Tacky Glue
Various Dies - Spellbinders, Momenta, Sizzix, Memory Box
Tools: Paint brush, Die Cutting Machine, Scissors

I started by painting my grayish skull white. Then I set it aside to dry. 


While the skull was drying I die cut various hearts, flowers, leaves and swirls from the Haunted Variety Crafter's PackViolet/Gold Glossy Foil PaperTurquoise/Gold Glossy Foil Paper



Next, I played around with my arrangement. I pulled out a few pieces of the New Foil Paper Shreds in Starstruck Fuchsia/Fuchsia Foil Paper I used it to right down the front of the head to the tip of the nose. I just adhered the shapes to the skull with the Aleene's Clear Tacky Glue. The liquid glue gives you a bit of wiggle room to adjust the shapes as needed. What I do love about Rinea Foil Paper is that it holds it's shape. Which is perfect for those heart shapes around the eyes and the flowers inside of the eyes. Below are various photos showing all the shapes adhered to the skull. 






You can make this as colorful as you would like or monochromatic. It's totally up to you. That's it you have now created a sugar skull for your Halloween decorations.

Thank you for stopping by today - I hope you create a project or two with the wonderful Rinea Foil Paper and share them with us on Social Media!!

No comments: