Sunday, October 28, 2018

Thankful with Dies R Us

Hello Friends today I am sharing a Fall wreath card - perfect to let that special someone know that you are Thankful to have them in your life.


Let's get started with the tutorial.


First, gather your supplies. Next, on Bristol Smooth or White card stock apply some Distress Oxide ink. I just did a few circle making sure to blend into each other. Then, Do a few spritz of water to oxide the ink.


Next, I added a few droplets of Heidi Swapp Colorshine in Gold, Bronze and Tea. Then, I set it aside to dry.

   


Next, I die cut my circle shape this will help me with my wreath. I also die cut the word Thankful 4 times - 3 times from medium orange and 1 time from gold foil paper.
 

Now, the cardstock with the oxide ink is dry. I die cut the leaves from it I cut several of each leaf. I rather have extras that not enough. 


Now, that I have all the components ready - it's time to assemble the card. I start by trimming a bit off my circle. Then, I stack my word by gluing between the layers



Now, I start adhering the leaves to the circle to create the wreath.

  
Once the wreath is finished I flip it over and add foam adhesive to it. I like to use the thin strips from the foam squares

I do the same thing to the Thankful word.

Now, to place onto the front panel and card base. I used a scalloped tan card stock I had left over from another project for my front panel. I will link a scallop die set below.  I adhere the scallop front panel onto the brown card stock card base. Next, I place the wreath onto the card. Then, centering the word in the center of the wreath I place it onto the card.
  

Now, for some finishing touches. I used some sequins in three places on the wreath.
  
The card is complete. You may have noticed I lowered my wreath a bit on the card. I felt it looked better that way.



No comments: